- 9 blocks
- size 7" x 14"
- it's hosted by Amy over at The Cute Life
- it runs from 14 January - 1 March
- a different designer for each block
- each designer has tried out an uncommonly used technique, with a detailed tutorial to follow
- there are TWO blocks posted each week
Yes, two. I'm ever so slightly behind (done three, got two more kind of ready to begin, and two more new patterns were posted today (or yesterday, depending on your time zone)), but remember, 2013 is the year of challenges. And trying something different
I couldn't decide on any particular colours, so decided to go rainbow style. My first two completed blocks:
Second, this is the purple Bargello block. Good fun.
Folded block. More good fun, although a tiny bit tricky in parts (try it and you'll see what I mean).
Fourth, I haven't taken a pic of my third block yet, so that will have to wait for my next update on this QAL.
Fifth, well there is no fifth, that was just a trick, ha!
(Apologies for my late-night sense of humour; it just goes weird when I'm overtired. See ya tomorrow.)