Thursday, January 27, 2011

A post with no pics

My posting habits have worn a bit thin, so when I discovered NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month), I pretty much signed up on the spot. Well, about three days later, truth be told, but that's fairly fast for me to do anything spontaneous.

What is it? Well, if you've heard of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)(of which I have partaken in the past), then it's easy to understand. With NaNoWriMo (ugh, that's a mouthful to type!), you write a 50,000 word novel in the course of a month (November). The difference with NaBloPoMo (agh, that doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it?), the idea is to write a blog post every day for a month. Any month. Any calendar month, I should say.

So I aim to do it in February. They have writing prompts available, should they be needed. And I may just use one, if I find myself running out of crafty-quilty things to write about.

We'll see.


And what did I learn today?

HTML.

No, no, not the whole language! But I did figure out a few things, like how to write the code for a blog button. Not that I actually have a blog button; but at least now I understand (basically) how it works. And that, in itself, is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog!