Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Butterflies and leaves

I know, it's been a while since my last post. The old pc was outta action for a while. Hubby spent the last few days of his summer holiday fixing and upgrading things. Hopefully all is well now.

The most recent border on my Patchwork Posse round robin quilt took rather longer than expected. I did enjoy doing it, however. There's something quite relaxing about hand-stitching, even if some days only saw me manage to get one leaf finished.




Holding down the quilt so it won't blow away
during the photo shoot.
Isn't she helpful?
In cat news, Tabitha has caught many more bumblebees. My bed is still the Chosen Place to bring them and play. But she has now discovered butterflies. I wasn't overly concerned when I first noticed her noticing the lovely flittering movement of a cabbage white. But a couple of days ago she brought inside a monarch butterfly. It managed to escape when she opened her mouth and let it out. Luckily I soon caught it, and let it out the window. Now I feel guilty for having swan plants, as they are a major attractant for the monarchs.


What I've learned from all this:
  1. Don't let the kids use my pc. They click on things they shouldn't. Grrr.
  2. Don't blame the kids for everything! It's not all their fault. Relax!
  3. Make more time for myself.
  4. Distract the cat.
  5. Relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog!