Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I stitched today

I still have to figure out how to crop photos. Although in this pic the mat that I lay the quilt top on adds a nice textured border, I think (that's my excuse, anyway).

The latest border isn't quite finished - there's supposed to be applique birds in the reddy-brown top & bottom centre spaces. I'd like to have a NZ fantail, 'cos they're such pretty birds, but I'm not sure if it would fit in with the theme of the quilt. Unless I can get a whimsical fantail shape that's easy enough to applique. But if I can't, then I'll just settle for something simple, cute and birdlike.

Today I learned that I need to get more done! Only a month until xmas. I'll be sewing a lot of pressies this year, instead of buying them. Using the sewing machine to save money, that's gotta be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog!